The gnocchi extravaganza continues! I have an affinity for food cravings that requires multiple meals, back-to-back. This week’s obsession was brought to you by the potato gnocchi. Is there such a thing as too much gnocchi? I’ll let you know if I find out, but I’m not there yet. I had so much fun making these egg-free vegan potato gnocchi I couldn’t stop with just this quick 30-minute Gnocchi with English Peas, mint and parmesan recipe. I needed more…Print
Easy Mediterranean Potato Gnocchi with Spicy Italian Sausage, Sun-dried Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Spinach and Pine Nuts
Such a flavorful explosion of salty, sour, creamy and savory all wrapped up into one satisfying package. I dare you to stop at just one serving. Dairy-free and can easily be made vegetarian/vegan if you leave out the sausage and cheese. Either way it’s a hearty and satisfying gnocchi meal.
- 1 pound egg-free potato gnocchi
- 2 spicy Italian sausage links (removed from casing and cooked)
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained and julienned)
- 1/4 c Kalamata olives (pit removed and sliced in half)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 2–3 c spinach
- 3/4 c vegetable stock
- 13 oz full fat coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 3/4 c white onion, diced small
- 2 oz pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/4 c parmesan
- 3T basil, chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Brown Sausage and set aside.
- Toast pine nuts on low heat until slightly brown and starting to sweat. Remove and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, sauté onion in olive oil for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and combined.
- Add broth to pan and scrape up any brown bits.
- Add coconut milk, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cooked sausage and bring to a light simmer for about 10 minutes on medium high heat until all heated through and starting to thicken.
- In the mean time boil gnocchi in salted water until they float. Once floating, strain and add directly to coconut milk mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add spinach until wilted.
- Add pine nuts, basil and parmesan (optional)
Pip Tip: Of course you can substitute your favorite pre-made gnocchi and make this a 30-minute meal.