Can you trust a person that doesn’t like the perfect combination that is chocolate and peanut butter? Personally, I believe it to be the most complimentary pairing in existence and I dare you to fight me on this one! Light chocolate or dark chocolate alike, peanut butter cups are perhaps the most popular example of our unwavering love of this confectionary duo.
More proof of its popularity… “PB Cups” are the first treat picked out of the Halloween candy stash! Speaking of Halloween, it’s just a few days away and although things are a little off center this year, you can still enjoy your favorite holiday peanut butter and chocolate treats. This easy homemade recipe is free of all the hidden spooky ingredients in store bought versions. Plus, they’re fun for the kiddos to make while you’re carving pumpkins and toasting pumpkin seeds! If you like this super easy chocolate peanut butter cup recipe, then you’re going to want to check out my super easy candied ginger and orange dark chocolate bark.Print
Super Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
5 ingredient easy peanut butter cups. Milk or dark chocolate and your favorite nut butter will work just fine. Easy to make with the kiddos but trust me adults love them too!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 16–18 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Cooking
- 4 cups milk or dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter (can use any nut butter)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- flaky salt (optional)
- parchment paper cupcake cups
- Mix peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. If using sweetened peanut butter use half the amount of maple syrup (1T)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. I use a sauce pan, with a large glass bowl over the top. Make certain the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. You’re looking for the steam to heat the bowl and melt the chocolate.
- Add a small amount (approx. 1 1/2 T) of the melted chocolate to the cupcake cups.
- Add a dollop (1/2-1 T) of peanut butter mixture to the center of the chocolate in the cup.
- Add another 1 T of melted chocolate over the top and spread it lightly over the peanut butter to cover completely.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt (optional)
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.
Pip Tip: Use any type of nut butter you’d like
Pip Tip: If you have a SUPER sweet tooth, you can certainly use sweetened nut butters.
Pip Tip: Double or triple the recipe? No problem!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: .6g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter cups, dark chocolate peanut butter cups, milk chocolate peanut butter cups, halloween treats